Beckman-Coulter Sagian ORCA Robotic System
High Throughput Arm and Rail Asset System. Automate Your Laboratory with the ORCA System - the Optimized Robot for Chemical Analysis.
Compact, yet robust, the ORCA Robotic Arm brings dependable robotic automation to the laboratory with precision and flexibility. ORCA (Optimized Robot for Chemical Analysis) works reliably with common labware and instrumentation in a space-efficient, time-saving and safe manner. The ORCA Robotic Arm is a key component of the SAGIAN Core System Strate.
- The ORCA system is engineered to be positionally repeatable, providing reliable long-term, uninterrupted use. The arm traverses a rail that can be located at the front or back of a standard laboratory workbench, or placed in the middle of a table.
- The "extended envelope" feature enables the arm to operate on both sides of the rail, effectively doubling the useable workspace.
Absolute optical encoders eliminate hard stops and permit ORCA to resume operation from any position. Relative optical encoders and digital servos provide for precise, stable, high-resolution positional feedback.
- Unlike heavy-duty industrial robots adapted for laboratory use, the ORCA can be set up quickly and easily, yet still provide the durability and reliability needed for continuous around-the-clock productivity.
- Today's biopharmaceutical laboratory is focusing on speed - and automation is the only way to accomplish it. Automating your lab makes finding new drug leads quicker and less expensive by offering significant improvements in efficiency, productivity and reliability. That's why Beckman engineered the first robot developed specifically for the laboratory environment.
The Robotics Advantage
- Increase productivity by running unattended 24 hours a day, freeing lab personnel for other valuable tasks.
- Improve repeatability by minimizing variability between operators.
- Increase safety of laboratory personnel by minimizing repetitive motions and reducing exposure to chemicals and biohazards.
- Simplify implementation of standardized procedures and methods.
- Improve documentation required for validation.
ORCA System Features and Benefits
- Integrated rail provides a large rectilinear work volume that is easily adaptable to existing lab space.
- Articulated arm facilitates easy access to a broad range of peripheral instruments.
- Rail length upgradeable to meet changing, expanding needs in a cost-effective manner.
- Optical encoders and digital servos ensure precise, stable and high-resolution positional feedback.
- Force and torque feedback provides fine control of grip and twist.
- Interchangeable fingers provide for inexpensive, easy-to-design tools.
- Joystick-style teach pendant allows easy teaching of motions, racks and frames.
- All cabling is internal to arm for an uncluttered workspace and improved safety.
We offer a Beckman ORCA System in excellent condition. This asset is being offered from a Major Biotech Company and has been power up tested. It includes the following:
- ORCA Gripper
- ORCA Controller
- Teach Pendant
- ORCA 3-Metre Rail
- ORCA Carousel Assembly w/10 Stacks x 18 Shelves & Controller
- IBM 300GL Computer w/ G74 Monitor
- Best Fortress 1425 Surge Protector
- Labline Titerplate Shakers, Model 4265SAG, Six position
- Hotel Stacks(18 Plates ea.), Additional available
- Vacuum Pumps & Resevoirs, Additional Available
- Various Peripherals & Accessories, Cables, etc.
- System Software, CD's & SAMI Key
- Operatorís Manuals
Call for price.
(sells for $00,000 new)
Does not include chemicals and/or consumables.
ASK ABOUT THE MANY EQUIPMENT AND ACCESSORY OPTIONS AVAILABLE:
- OPTIONAL Installation
- OPTIONAL Training and Software Validation Services:
- These services are customized for the needs of the client and are priced accordingly.