PANalytical X'Pert PRO MRD XRD
Multipurpose High Resolution X-ray Diffractometer
The Panalytical X'Pert Pro Diffractometer is a highly advanced, versatile materials characterization system. Interchangeable PreFIX incident and diffracted beam optics can be configured for optimal measurement of high resolution scans, reflectivity experiments, or for in-plane diffraction. PANalytical X'Pert Pro MPD is a diffractometer for thin films, both single crystals and polycrystalline (diffraction & XRR) from RT to 900°C, also used to measure powders. Powered by a Philips PW3040/60 X-ray generator and fitted with a scanning X'Celerator detector. Samples up to 4 inches in diameter may be analyzed.
The X’Celerator is an ultra-fast X-ray detector that uses RTMS (Real Time Multiple Strip) technology. It operates as an array of a hundred channels which can simultaneously count X-rays diffracted from a sample over the range of 2θ angles specified during a scan. The X’Celerator is therefore able to give produce high quality diffraction data in a significantly shorter time period than an older style diffractometer would require.
Diffraction data is acquired by exposing powder samples to Cu-Kα X-ray radiation, which has a characteristic wavelength () of 1.5418 Ĺ. X-rays were generated from a Cu anode supplied with 40 kV and a current of 40 mA.
High Resolution X-ray Diffraction: High resolution x-ray diffraction is generally applied to highly ordered crystals. It is useful to examine nearly lattice matched materials or the structural perfection of materials. The system can be used to accurately measure the width of Bragg diffraction peaks from nearly perfect single crystals over the range of a few seconds of arc. In order to obtain the high resolution, the angular divergence of the incident x-ray beam must be very small with little or no peak broadening due to spectral dispersion and the goniometer must be capable of very accurate stepping. Special incident and diffracted beam conditioning makes this possible. This system can also map regions in reciprocal space around the Bragg reflections which can be useful to characterization relaxation of strained epitaxial films.
Reflectometry: Reflectometry is an analytical technique for investigating thin layers. In reflectivity experiments, the X-ray reflection of a sample is measured around the critical angle. Below the critical angle of total external reflection, X-rays penetrate only a few nanometers into the sample. Above this angle the penetration depth increases rapidly. At every interface where the electron density changes, a part of the X-ray beam is reflected. The interference of these partially reflected X-ray beams creates the oscillation pattern observed in reflectivity experiments. From these reflectivity curves, layer parameters such as thickness and density, interface and surface roughness can be determined through modeling.
In-plane diffraction: In-plane diffraction is a diffraction technique in which both the incident and diffracted beams are nearly parallel to the sample surface. Because the beam is incident at a grazing angle, the penetration depth of the beam is limited to within about 100 nm of the surface. The in-plane diffraction technique measures diffracted beams nearly parallel to the sample surface and hence measures lattice planes that are (nearly) perpendicular to the sample surface. These planes are inaccessible by other techniques.
We offer a complete 2010 PANalytical X'Pert PRO MRD XRD in excellent condition.
- Fully refurbished to meet or exceed factory specs
- Tested and verified prior to shipment
- Sold Guaranteed in Good Working Condition
- X'Pert PRO MRD XRD
- NEW Ceramic XRay Tube Cu: Selectable line or point focus 1.8kW sealed ceramic copper x-ray tube source.
- Ni beta filter for Cu radiation
- Extended interface between tube tower & goniometer
- MRD High resolution horizontal goniometer
- Open 1/2 circle Eulerian cradle with motorized XYZ sample stage enables sample tilts of +/- 90°, in-plane rotation of 360°, in-plane X and Y translations of 100 mm, and vertical Z displacement of 11 mm.
- Sample holder accommodates samples up to 4 inches in diameter.
- Triple axis setup utilizes a three bounce (022) channel cut Ge crystal to provide an acceptance angle of 12 arc seconds.
- Rocking curve optics utilize interchangeable slits to control the background and detector resolution.
- Soller slit 0.04 radians
- Beam attenuator cable
- Prefix optic
- Parallel plate collimator has a 0.27° acceptance angle with an optional 0.1 mm collimator slit to improve the resolution at 2Θ angles less than 4°.
- 2 sealed proportional x-ray detectors with a large dynamic range.
- Dell Computer
- PANalytical X’Pert HighScore Plus Software (loaded on PC)
- 15” Monitor
- Keyboard & Mouse
- WINDOWS 7 OS installed
- WARRANTY: 90 Days
INSTALLATION & TRAINING is available. Ask for price.
EXTENDED SERVICE CONTRACTS are available. Ask for prices.
Blue Lion Biotech fully understands the economic difficulties and challenges involved in today’s research environment. We support the biotech community and offer special discounts for qualifying customers. Call for details.
Call (425)-396-4441 or email Blue Lion Biotech at email@example.com today for price.
We look forward to working with you.